- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Three ways to boost output.”
“Here are some best practices for starting your next meeting.”
“An index of inclusive economic growth in the 100 largest U.S. metropolitan areas.”
“The U.S. economy is now in its 93rd consecutive month of growth, the third longest expansion on record. It has added jobs for 76 straight months. Of course, this expansion has followed the worst downturn since the Great Depression. While useful, these top-line national numbers paint an incomplete portrait of the economy.”
“What do workers value most in a job and organization? What would their dream job look like?”
“Remember that work is just one aspect of their lives.”
“And you might be the cause.”
“Few topics stir up as much disagreement in the workplace as the gender pay gap.”
“Here are 10 of the worst problems with the well-established Recruiting and Selection process used at nearly every medium-sized and large organization.”
“Ways to guarantee you’ll NOT get the job.”
“Work hard. Work smart. And think about your work differently than everyone else.”
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins