- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Most initiatives amount to an adrenaline shot.”
“Every new manager messes up at some point. What really matters is whether he or she responds with grace and humility, is quickly able to formulate and enact a recovery plan and learns from the mistakes — things that not everyone does.”
“If you’ve been reluctant to network or you’ve tried it and it just wasn’t for you, don’t give up on networking. It is still the best career insurance you can have.”
“Supporting parents and other caregivers is key to finding—and keeping—top talent in the 21st century workplace.”
“Americans generally support paid family and medical leave, but relatively few workers have access to paid leave.”
“Large shares of adults express support for paid family and medical leave, and most supporters say employers should cover the costs. Still, about half of Americans say the federal government should require employers to provide this benefit.”
“Which interview responses are the worst offenders, and what should you say instead?”
“Utilize the resume real estate between your contact information and work experience wisely.”
“Breathe new life into your profile, improve your presence in search results, generate more views, and impress your audience.”
“Marketing is ‘the art of telling a story that resonates with your audience and then spreads.’”
“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.” – Bruce Lee