- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Addressing shortfalls of regional productivity needs to become a priority.”
“Everyone knows that unproductive routines, corporate bureaucracy and ‘administrivia’ kill people’s ambition and sap their energy. That’s demoralizing for employees, and a waste for companies.”
“By handling problems effectively, companies enhance engagement. Branding can help, but perfect experiences are most engaging. Leaders need to deliver on brand promises during problem resolution.”
“Toxic people defy logic. Some are blissfully unaware of the negativity they spread, while others seem to derive satisfaction from creating chaos.”
“Here are the words you need to communicate better and keep yourself in good standing.”
“Ask any business executive about transferable skills, and they’ll tell you the same thing: not only are they important when making a career change, but essential to getting ahead.”
“Simple tweaks to the way you speak and hold yourself can make you seem much more likable, competent, and hirable in their eyes.”
“Are you tired of being passed over for a promotion? Maybe you need to work on your reputation.”
“Having the time and money to afford leisure affects your job satisfaction.”
“Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Ruth Bader Ginsberg