- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The unemployment rate gets most of the attention, but the monthly jobs report contains lots of other data that can provide a fuller picture of the economy. Read about the different indicators of how the U.S. economy is doing.”
“Practicing everyday engagement is management at its best. It truly empowers teams to collaborate — to take and give responsibilities, and to free individual members to do what they do best for the benefit of the entire team. It clarifies and prioritizes expectations and celebrates each individual’s contribution to a shared goal.”
“Interviewing is a key step to building the best team for your business. These interview questions that may help you discern between the right and wrong people for the job.”
“When companies handle problems effectively, they can end up with higher customer engagement than before the problems occurred.”
“Focus your attention on writing one that pleasantly surprises them, one that prompts them to recommend you for an interview. To write such a resume, you must avoid making the following mistakes.”
“The new workplace normal is nothing like it was. Your career survival is dependent on your ability to evolve and pivot. You must learn how to package and promote your unique combination of experiences.”
“Everything you need to create a truly outstanding and memorable presentation.”
“Rarely do employers intend to debilitate job candidates – but it happens anyway.”
“Successful people are simply those with successful habits.”
“You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis