- Register Now: Basic Life Support, BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Learn QuickBooks Pro 2015, Class Starts Feb. 8, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 Applications: Word, Excel and Access
- Workforce Development News – January 17, 2017
- Do You Value Your Employees?
- Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starting Feb. 6 and Feb. 27
- Phlebotomy Program Starts February 28, 2017, Register Now!
- Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
- Learn Digital Photography Camera Skills and Techniques
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts February 27, 2017
Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“From globalization’s losers, to diversity programs that work, to the most common ways people quit.”
“A process for getting the right people aligned.”
“What a difference eight years makes.”
“The December jobs report marks the 75th straight month of employment growth in the U.S.”
“The mantra that we’ve lost good-paying jobs to China is exactly wrong. We’ve lost the bad-paying jobs to China and gained good-paying jobs.”
“The trend is further widening the racial and socioeconomic divide among different types of universities and colleges, shifting money away from those whose students generally need the most support in favor of the ones whose students generally need the least.”
“Four ways to get started.”
“The answer is easy: It’s up to business leaders.”
“About 20.6 million people (or 30% of all hourly, non-self-employed workers 18 and older) are ‘near-minimum-wage’ workers.”
“If you’re looking for the magic bullet to acing an interview, you’re going to be let down. The secret to a successful interview isn’t really a secret at all — it just takes practice. Of course, you want to make sure that you’re practicing the right thing.”
“Magic happens outside your comfort zone.”
“Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.” – Stephen Covey