- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Workforce Development News – January 30, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Don’t collaborate for the sake of collaboration.”
“New laws and emerging privacy rights complicate an already-difficult process.”
“This 2×2 matrix will help.”
“If you spend a dollar on customer service, how much money will that dollar make for you?”
Part 1: https://www.helpscout.net/blog/customer-service-roi/
Part 2: https://www.helpscout.net/blog/calculating-customer-service-roi/
“Your top priorities should be the way leaders communicate, your organization’s reputation, and whether employees feel heard.”
Missouri-specific state summary reports on the college job market, job growth and education requirements, healthcare, career clusters, STEM, and projections of jobs and education requirements.
“How to secure that initial interview.”
“The weakness question is one I consider to be … well, dumb. It lacks creativity and doesn’t address the requirements of the position. But it’s also a question everyone should be able to answer before they get to the interview. Interviewers want to hear self-awareness. They want to be sure that you know what your weaknesses are and are doing something to correct them.”
“Getting the best possible salary is important, but consider other forms of reimbursement.”
“You’ll stay relevant and be happier.”
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller