- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Workforce Development News – January 23, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“It’s what your team really needs.”
“What exactly are today’s in-demand soft skills? Here are the top eight that executives cite:”
“They don’t make ’em like that any more.”
“When women want to succeed in their jobs, when they can use their strengths to do what they do best every day, and when they can find synergy between career and life, they are unstoppable.”
“Four core principles of customer service.”
“Resumes still matter, but they are not your primary tool for the job search anymore. They only jump-start the process.”
“Anyone can learn to become more interesting, which is a wonderful thing, because being interesting can help you strengthen your network, win more clients, and lead more effectively.”
“These resumes actually prevent people from showcasing their best selves.”
“What causes a resume to be flagged as ‘unqualified’? It must present professionally. In particular, that means eliminating grammatical mistakes and unprofessional email addresses, fixing poor content and organization, and making sure the document is consistent with your online presence.”
“We have to be very careful in choosing our pursuits, because our habits make us.”
“The wise man doesn’t give the right answers, he poses the right questions.” – Claude Levi-Strauss