- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Workforce Development News – February 21, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Organizations must reconsider how they manage their workforces. Employees are pushing companies to break down long-established structures. Organizations are not giving employees compelling reasons to stay.”
You need to create a culture of both engagement and productivity.
“Why is there a ‘talent shortage’ when millions of Americans are looking for good jobs? It’s time to change how companies hire.”
“A thank-you email after an interview is a reflection of your soft skills: your comfort with expressing gratitude, your willingness to follow through, and your ability to strike a professional and personal chord at work.”
“Answer the right questions to define your skills and interests.”
“You are neglecting a golden opportunity to tell your personal brand story.”
“What catches their eye—or pass you by? You might be surprised.”
“Here are four alternative ways to stand out.”
“Tackling something hard has benefits.”
Beautiful and amazing photography including dancing octopus, lionfish, whale, wrecks, orcas, clownfish, seal, and green turtles.
“You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey