- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
Workforce Development News – February 13, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“It’s far more than just being nice.”
“As the U.S. labor force crests again, a new complex of problems locks many Americans out of the workplace.”
“Explanations for the decline tend to focus on supply-side factors (workers are ill-fit for the jobs available) or demand-side factors (employers aren’t hiring). But not all experts agree with this assessment.”
“You don’t need the last word.”
“As an introvert, there are plenty of things we can do before, during, and after the interview to ward off anxiety, maximize performance, and make a positive impact on potential employers.”
“And does so on almost every financial measure that matters.”
“Many Americans do not trust modern institutions to protect their personal data – even as they frequently neglect cybersecurity best practices in their own personal lives.”
“Know when it’s worth speaking up.”
“Multitasking is really tempting. It’s also really bad for you.”
“The only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”– Michelle Obama