- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The way you talk to customers has a big impact on your brand, and nothing delivers customer satisfaction quite like consistently delightful communication. What’s the strategy behind successful conversations?”
“What’s most convenient isn’t always what’s most effective.”
“Measuring workers’ contentment doesn’t improve business outcomes. Approaching engagement as a business strategy yields better results.”
“Closing the skills gap will likely involve greater emphasis on training current and prospective workers who haven’t attended college.”
“The manufacturing sector’s share of U.S. jobs has fallen over time, but its output has kept pace with the U.S. economy in real terms.”
“When can a product be advertised as ‘Made in USA’? The answer depends on much more than solely the location of final manufacture.”
“Ask for more specifics.”
“Americans are more inclined than they have been in the past to advise young people to seek careers that suit them best, rather than make a specific recommendation.”
“The words used show what level the candidates is at in their career.”
“The job interview is probably the most important event in your career – don’t blow it.”
“Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society.” – Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.