- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes
This training program for nurse assistants meets requirements of the Missouri Omnibus Nursing Act. The course exceeds the required 75 hours of classroom instruction and 100 hours of supervised on-the-job training. Class meets twice a week for 20 sessions; each four hours in length. The 104 hours of on-the-job training are in addition to the scheduled class time. The on-the-job training hours are either an 8 hour day shift or evening shift. Upon successful completion of the course the student is eligible to take the state examination. A strict attendance policy is enforced throughout this training.
Registration for this program must be in person at the Forest Park campus, Student Center 125. Payment is due at the time of registration. Call 314-984-7777 for more information.
Download the brochure (pdf).
Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes
NURS 723 4D0
Tuesday & Thursday | March 21–May 18 | 4:30-8:30 p.m.
Forest Park campus G 121
Saturday | March 25 | 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Forest Park campus C 415
- Training in basic nursing skills.
- Fire safety.
- Disaster training.
- Nursing home resident safety and rights.
- The social and psychological problems of nursing home residents.
- Methods of caring for mentally confused residents such as those with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Food service.
- Personal care.
- Restorative nursing.
- Infection control.
- Special procedures.
Prerequisites required at time of registration
- Student must be 18 years of age.
- Family Care Safety Registry-Worker Registration letter. The letter cannot be older than six months. You must bring the letter from DHSS not proof of payment. Register online at http://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/
Expenses the student will incur but not limited to:
- Fee is $1099.
- Text required and is not included in fee. Will be available at the Forest Park Bookstore.
- State exam fee ($125) due at time exam is taken.
- Certification fee ($20) due at time final exam is taken.
- Family Care Safety Registry is $13 plus processing fee.
- American Databank criminal background check cost is variable.
- 5 Panel Drug Screen is $30.
- Physical examination.
- Immunizations (required to be current and documented).
- PPD (Two Step).
- Hepatitis B immunization series or signed waiver.
- A uniform/scrub for the required on-the-job training.
- Shoes for the required on-the-job training.
- A watch with a second hand.
- A stethoscope.
- A gait belt.
- Classroom supplies.
Clinical and Field Work
Some degree and certificate programs offered by the college require students to obtain clinical or other field experience as part of their course work. Students with criminal convictions or drug use may have difficulty progressing in these programs. Hospitals and facilities may mandate that a criminal background check and/or drug screening check (at the student’s expense) may be conducted prior to placement in a clinical or field setting. Students not passing these checks may be prohibited from participating in the clinical or field experience thus rendering the student ineligible to satisfactorily meet the course/program requirements.
To enroll in this state approved training program; the student must be employable in a skilled nursing facility or intermediate care facility in direct resident care. Information subject to change. Requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing at the Forest Park campus, Student Center 125.