- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Become a Patient Care Technician – Apply Today for The April Class!
Patient Care Technicians work as clinical partners in local hospitals. If you are interested in Nursing or Allied Health, this might be the profession that will make your career path flourish. Take advantage of this training opportunity which satisfies the requirements of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
The Patient Care Technician non-credit training program combines six weeks of intensive classroom instruction with three weeks of clinical practice. The hours for classroom instruction are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The clinical instruction, held in St. Louis-area hospitals, is held three days a week from 6:45 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
What you will learn from this program
- How to perform basic patient care skills.
- Demonstrate safe practices while caring for patients.
- How to apply generic healthcare knowledge.
- Demonstrate workplace behavior skills.
- How to perform basic respiratory skills.
- How to perform basic clerical skills.
SLATE and St. Louis Community College are partnering to provide the funding for this program. Candidates eligible for this program must be residents of St. Louis City or St. Louis County and meet income requirements. Students selected to participate in this program will pay no tuition costs!