- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
The St. Louis region is flush with jobs requiring commercial driver’s license (CDL). Jobs requiring the Class B CDL are usually local or regional and may also require other job responsibilities; examples include: highway maintenance workers, cement truck operators, delivery truck drivers, dump truck drivers, waste haulers, and mobile healthcare units. A Class B CDL allows a driver to operate commercial trucks that have an attached cab and cargo area with a combined weight greater than 26,000 pounds, as well as trucks with a detached towed cargo vehicle that weighs less than 10,000 pounds.
Funding for this training opportunity is made available by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Department of Transportation (DOT) and in partnership with Missouri Department of Transportation.
Our experienced instructors are ready to help you succeed as a commercial driver! All students will receive 60 hours of training, over 2 weeks. The CDL-B program includes a combination of classroom time, mastering vehicle inspections, practicing maneuvers on a driving range and road, as well as 15 hours operating the truck. CDL testing is included and is scheduled upon successful completion of class.
- 18+ years old
- Valid Driver’s License and 1 year driving experience required
- Class B Learner’s Permit required
- Attend a free Information Session at Forest Park
- Complete WorkKeys Assessment (Reading – 4; Math – 3; Locating Info – 3)
- Must pass drug test and DOT Physical (testing provided at no cost)
This is an accelerated job training program designed to provide quality instruction on a short-term basis so that students can quickly move into the workforce.
Get started today:
- Register for a free Truck Driving Information Session at 314-984-7777.
- Complete the online application.
You must complete all eligibility requirements before you can register for class groups starting April 3, 2017.