- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
The St. Louis region is flush with jobs requiring commercial driver’s license (CDL). Jobs requiring the Class B CDL are usually local or regional and may also require other job responsibilities; examples include: highway maintenance workers, cement truck operators, delivery truck drivers, dump truck drivers, waste haulers, and mobile healthcare units. A Class B CDL allows a driver to operate commercial trucks that have an attached cab and cargo area with a combined weight greater than 26,000 pounds, as well as trucks with a detached towed cargo vehicle that weighs less than 10,000 pounds.
Funding for this training opportunity is made available by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Department of Transportation (DOT) and in partnership with Missouri Department of Transportation.
Our experienced instructors are ready to help you succeed as a commercial driver! All students will receive 60 hours of training, over 2 weeks. The CDL-B program includes a combination of classroom time, mastering vehicle inspections, practicing maneuvers on a driving range and road, as well as 15 hours operating the truck. CDL testing is included and is scheduled upon successful completion of class.
- 18+ years old
- Valid Driver’s License and 1 year driving experience required
- Class B Learner’s Permit required
- Attend a free Information Session at Forest Park
- Complete WorkKeys Assessment (Reading – 4; Math – 3; Locating Info – 3)
- Must pass drug test and DOT Physical (testing provided at no cost)
This is an accelerated job training program designed to provide quality instruction on a short-term basis so that students can quickly move into the workforce.
Get started today:
- Register for a free Truck Driving Information Session at 314-984-7777.
- Complete the online application.
You must complete all eligibility requirements before you can register for class groups starting April 3, 2017.