- Register Now: Basic Life Support, BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Learn QuickBooks Pro 2015, Class Starts Feb. 8, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 Applications: Word, Excel and Access
- Workforce Development News – January 17, 2017
- Do You Value Your Employees?
- Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starting Feb. 6 and Feb. 27
- Phlebotomy Program Starts February 28, 2017, Register Now!
- Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
- Learn Digital Photography Camera Skills and Techniques
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts February 27, 2017
No-Cost Community Health Worker Training Enrollment is Open for March Classes
Learn to conduct outreach for medical personnel or health organizations as a Community Health Worker through the no cost training program available to MoSTEMWINs grant participants. Prepare to implement programs in the community that promote, maintain and improve individual and community health.
Enrollment is open now for training starting March 27, 2017.
The Community Health Worker non-credit training program combines classroom instruction with service learning in the community. The program includes 108 classroom hours and 60 service learning hours. Classroom instruction will take place at the William J. Harrison Education Center located at 3140 Cass Avenue. Students must commit to 10-15 hours per week, and the classroom instruction is held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. two days per week.
What you will learn from this program
- An understanding of the determinants to health at the individual and community level.
- How to implement community assessment techniques to include demographics, mapping and analysis of governmental agency services.
- The tracking techniques of clients and services.
- The dynamics in relationship building among groups, organizations, and individuals in the community.
- How to identify initiatives that will impact the health status of the community.
There is no cost for this program for individuals who qualify. Let’s get connected!