- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 24, 2017. Apply Today!
As part of the St. Louis trade union pre-apprenticeship program, Building Union Diversity (BUD), St. Louis Community College is offering a Class B CDL Truck Driver program at no cost for eligible individuals. BUD was developed to create a diverse workforce by providing non-traditional individuals opportunities to explore different career options with various construction trades.
A Class B CDL allows a driver to operate commercial trucks that have an attached cab and cargo area with a combined weight greater than 26,000 pounds, as well as trucks with a detached towed cargo vehicle that weighs less than 10,000 pounds. Several construction-related jobs require the Class B CDL. Careers requiring the Class B CDL are usually local or regional and may also require other job responsibilities; examples include: highway maintenance workers, cement truck operators, delivery truck drivers, dump truck drivers, waste haulers, and even mobile healthcare units.
Our experienced instructors are ready to help you succeed as a commercial driver! All students will receive 60 hours of training, over 2 weeks. The CDL-B program includes a combination of classroom time, mastering vehicle inspections, practicing maneuvers on a driving range and road, as well as 15 hours operating the truck. CDL testing is included and is scheduled upon successful completion of class.
The Class B CDL Truck Driving Program is being offered at no cost for a limited time.
- 18+ years old
- Valid Driver’s License and 1 year driving experience required
- Class B Learner’s Permit required
- Attend a free Information Session at STLCC Forest Park Campus
- Complete WorkKeys Assessment (Reading – 4; Math – 3; Locating Info – 3)
- Must pass drug test and DOT Physical (testing provided at no cost)
This is an accelerated job training program designed to provide quality instruction on a short-term basis so that students can quickly move into the workforce.
Get started today:
- Register for a free Truck Driving Information Session at 314-984-7777.
- Complete the online application.
You must complete all eligibility requirements before you can register for class groups starting April 24, 2017.