- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
Medical Assistants are needed in the St. Louis area in a variety of healthcare settings. The St. Louis Area on Training and Employment (SLATE) and St. Louis Community College are partnering to provide Medical Assistant training to St. Louis City and St. Louis County residents interested in this healthcare training who meet the qualification steps. If you are interested in a career in health care, this might be the opportunity that will launch your career. Take advantage of this training opportunity and prepare to earn your Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification.
Enrollment is now open for individuals ready to learn the skills needed to perform administrative and basic clinical tasks in clinical environments. The Medical Assistant non-credit training program combines 25 weeks of intensive classroom with clinical instruction. Classes and the clinical experiences are held Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What you will learn from this program
- How to perform basic patient care skills
- Demonstrate safe practices while caring for patients
- How to apply generic healthcare knowledge
- Demonstrate workplace behavior skills
- How to perform basic respiratory skills
- How to perform basic clerical skills
Instructional materials for this program will be provided through a variety of funding sources. There are no costs to students that qualify.
This training program is made available through the MoSTEMWINs grant program. Apply now for the upcoming classes starting in July 2017.
Get started here. For additional information contact Kevin Talbot at 314-539-5722.