- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Workforce Development News – September 26, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“You can be either, both, or neither.”
“There is a skills gap and it is bigger than you may think.”
“Homogenous groups aren’t as effective as they seem.”
“2.5 million older Americans want a job but do not have one. Two-thirds of older workers believe age discrimination occurs in the workplace.”
“It can seem as though few are offering legit tips to a group of people with decades of experience. I’m talking about the over-50 crowd. What’s the specific advice for this group?”
“Simple adjustments could make or break whether it gets seen or not.”
“It’s important to keep your resume in the running by avoiding a few critical, but unfortunately common, mistakes.”
“Your to-do list today to get closer to a job you love.”
“Ever looked at a competitor’s blog and wondered, ‘How does she come up with so many things to write about?’ Here’s your answer.”
“Office gossip is more powerful than any speech you’ll give.”
“Gossip is the art of saying nothing in a way that leaves practically nothing unsaid.” – Walter Winchell