- Register Now: Basic Life Support, BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Learn QuickBooks Pro 2015, Class Starts Feb. 8, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 Applications: Word, Excel and Access
- Workforce Development News – January 17, 2017
- Do You Value Your Employees?
- Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starting Feb. 6 and Feb. 27
- Phlebotomy Program Starts February 28, 2017, Register Now!
- Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
- Learn Digital Photography Camera Skills and Techniques
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts February 27, 2017
Workforce Development News – September 26, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“You can be either, both, or neither.”
“There is a skills gap and it is bigger than you may think.”
“Homogenous groups aren’t as effective as they seem.”
“2.5 million older Americans want a job but do not have one. Two-thirds of older workers believe age discrimination occurs in the workplace.”
“It can seem as though few are offering legit tips to a group of people with decades of experience. I’m talking about the over-50 crowd. What’s the specific advice for this group?”
“Simple adjustments could make or break whether it gets seen or not.”
“It’s important to keep your resume in the running by avoiding a few critical, but unfortunately common, mistakes.”
“Your to-do list today to get closer to a job you love.”
“Ever looked at a competitor’s blog and wondered, ‘How does she come up with so many things to write about?’ Here’s your answer.”
“Office gossip is more powerful than any speech you’ll give.”
“Gossip is the art of saying nothing in a way that leaves practically nothing unsaid.” – Walter Winchell