- Register Now: Basic Life Support, BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Learn QuickBooks Pro 2015, Class Starts Feb. 8, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 Applications: Word, Excel and Access
- Workforce Development News – January 17, 2017
- Do You Value Your Employees?
- Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starting Feb. 6 and Feb. 27
- Phlebotomy Program Starts February 28, 2017, Register Now!
- Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
- Learn Digital Photography Camera Skills and Techniques
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts February 27, 2017
Workforce Development News – September 19, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Prepare talking points ahead of time.”
“Many figures improved in 2015, but are weak in historical context.”
“In just five years, St. Louis has rolled back 15 years of decline in its local startup rate.”
“Especially when it comes to assignments, networks, and skills.”
“Incomes remain lower, and poverty higher, than they were when the recession began in late 2007. Worse, incomes have been stagnant, at best, since 2000, even accounting for trends such as the aging of the U.S. population.”
“Keep your focus on the reader.”
“Having great employees starts with hiring great employees–and that means conducting outstanding interviews. Here’s how.”
“Whether you’re in the middle of a job hunt or planning to start one soon, there are a few resume changes you should make if you want to immediately stand out and get more interviews.”
“The pros and cons of first impressions.”
“Numerous situations arise every single day that warrant our genuine appreciation and gratitude. But, most times, we allow a quick and standard ‘thanks; that’s mumbled in passing.”
“There are three constants in life…change, choice and principles.” – Stephen Covey