- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – October 24, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“How do you judge his skills and experience? What’s the best way to measure his potential?”
“The best companies make a strategic choice to engage customers or satisfy them — or both.”
“And how to fix it.”
“Weigh the risks and rewards of employing ex-offenders.”
“The basic tenet of managing turnover is that everyone eventually leaves. But the ‘when’ can feel like a mystery.”
“Your objective is to make answering this question an easy task. You need to match your qualifications, success stories, and educational background to the particular job you are interviewing for. The key is to frame your response to this question in a way that allows you to sell yourself.”
“Confidently telling a coherent narrative about your job experience means accepting the lamest parts of it.”
“Tips to help you through every step of the process as an advanced job seeker.”
“Here are six ways to tell.”
“Nobody said success was easy.”
“I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” — Alice (In Wonderland)