- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – October 17, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The US economy is changing — and not always in the ways people expect. Fewer people are working in the manufacturing sector, yet we’re producing more manufactured goods than ever. In many ways, the US economy is less dynamic than is commonly believed — the number of startups is dropping, people are changing jobs less often, and worker productivity is growing at its slowest pace in decades.”
“Much of U.S. job growth over the past 35 years has been in occupations that require higher levels of education, training and experience.”
“Customers reward companies who create hassle-free experiences.”
“Don’t wing it. Use this five-step process instead.”
“At the national level there is no correlation between adoption of robots and job losses in the manufacturing sector.”
“How to tell if you have it and what to do about it.”
“To demonstrate your fit, you need to answer the question on every hiring manager’s mind during the interview: ‘What problem would hiring you solve?’”
Part 1: https://www.recruiter.com/i/5-ways-to-show-the-hiring-manager-youre-an-obvious-fit-for-the-job/
Part 2: https://www.recruiter.com/i/5-more-ways-to-showing-the-hiring-manager-youre-an-obvious-fit-for-the-job/
“Consider your LinkedIn Profile to be equivalent to the front page for the website of you.”
“Here are the questions to ask yourself so you can structure a presentation, from the outset, that defuses potential objections upfront and is so compelling a ‘yes’ becomes far more likely.”
“Content creation is messier behind the scenes than most people realize. Here’s eight ways to keep the bar of quality in a steady place.”
“Eliminate fancy-pants words.”
“So the American economy needs the world, and the world needs the American economy.” – Rodrigo Rato