- Register Now: Basic Life Support, BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Learn QuickBooks Pro 2015, Class Starts Feb. 8, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 Applications: Word, Excel and Access
- Workforce Development News – January 17, 2017
- Do You Value Your Employees?
- Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starting Feb. 6 and Feb. 27
- Phlebotomy Program Starts February 28, 2017, Register Now!
- Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
- Learn Digital Photography Camera Skills and Techniques
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts February 27, 2017
Workforce Development News – October 17, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The US economy is changing — and not always in the ways people expect. Fewer people are working in the manufacturing sector, yet we’re producing more manufactured goods than ever. In many ways, the US economy is less dynamic than is commonly believed — the number of startups is dropping, people are changing jobs less often, and worker productivity is growing at its slowest pace in decades.”
“Much of U.S. job growth over the past 35 years has been in occupations that require higher levels of education, training and experience.”
“Customers reward companies who create hassle-free experiences.”
“Don’t wing it. Use this five-step process instead.”
“At the national level there is no correlation between adoption of robots and job losses in the manufacturing sector.”
“How to tell if you have it and what to do about it.”
“To demonstrate your fit, you need to answer the question on every hiring manager’s mind during the interview: ‘What problem would hiring you solve?’”
Part 1: https://www.recruiter.com/i/5-ways-to-show-the-hiring-manager-youre-an-obvious-fit-for-the-job/
Part 2: https://www.recruiter.com/i/5-more-ways-to-showing-the-hiring-manager-youre-an-obvious-fit-for-the-job/
“Consider your LinkedIn Profile to be equivalent to the front page for the website of you.”
“Here are the questions to ask yourself so you can structure a presentation, from the outset, that defuses potential objections upfront and is so compelling a ‘yes’ becomes far more likely.”
“Content creation is messier behind the scenes than most people realize. Here’s eight ways to keep the bar of quality in a steady place.”
“Eliminate fancy-pants words.”
“So the American economy needs the world, and the world needs the American economy.” – Rodrigo Rato