- Register Now: Basic Life Support, BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Learn QuickBooks Pro 2015, Class Starts Feb. 8, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 Applications: Word, Excel and Access
- Workforce Development News – January 17, 2017
- Do You Value Your Employees?
- Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starting Feb. 6 and Feb. 27
- Phlebotomy Program Starts February 28, 2017, Register Now!
- Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
- Learn Digital Photography Camera Skills and Techniques
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts February 27, 2017
Workforce Development News – November 28, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Interview preparation doesn’t have to feel vague or intimidating. Just like studying for a test or rehearsing for a play yields the best results, the surest way to ace your next job interview is to research a comprehensive list of interview questions and answers.”
“Here’s the deal. You need to figure out where in the process you’re getting eliminated.”
“Your cover letter could be the difference between getting selected for an interview and missing out on the job of your dreams.”
“Top career experts say:”
“No other part of the economy offers more job opportunities for people with little to no education or training than retail trade.”
“For one, they provide clear strategic perspective.”
“Women Lead Men on Most Engagement Items. Female Managers’ Teams Are More Engaged. Gender diversity strengthens a company’s financial performance.”
“Companies will only be able to realize productivity gains from these new operating models if they skillfully manage the soft side of their automation transformation—the people in what will be a vastly different organization.”
“If you know anything about managing other people and their ideas, you know that it’s a super tough gig. There are many tempting traps you can fall into when it comes to being in charge.”
“Empathy enables us to connect with others in a real and meaningful way, which in turn makes us happier—and more effective—at work.”
“Mom used to tell me I could do anything I set my mind to. Mom was right.”
“Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it.” – Katherine Whitehorn