- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – June 6, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“A new perspective on why manufacturing has a skilled workforce problem — and what manufacturers must do to solve it.”
“May was the worst month for job growth in more than five years.”
“How much hiring, Broader measures, Labor force, Prime-age workers, Tracking slack, Job market dropouts, What kind of jobs, Scheduling shifts, Measuring unemployment, Still searching, School work, and Men and women at work.”
“Questions to ask.”
“Today’s businesses need to be both diverse and inclusive, and we’re all just-now learning how to do it.”
“Consider the employee’s value — and act accordingly.”
“When it comes to part-time work, there appear to be penalties for men that are as strong as the penalty for unemployment, while for women we see no penalty.”
“Go through these questions to assess your employment strategy.”
“So how can students and their parents, who are about to make one of the largest investments of their life in a college degree, ensure that there is a return on that investment?”
“Public speakers, try these techniques for starting with a bang and sending your audience off with a clear message and a desire to change the world.”
“Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou