- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – June 27, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“It’s more effective to engage managers in solving the problem, increase their on-the-job contact with female and minority workers, and promote social accountability.”
“Not only are more older Americans working, more of them are working full-time.”
“Where are the nonworking prime-age men?”
“The short term is the daily managerial grind of fire-fighting and solving problems. The long term is a dream. The medium term is where companies are shaped — where they really achieve results and growth.”
“In an ever-more-competitive job market, technology increases the need for skilled workers.”
“No plan survives contact with reality.”
“There are several science-backed strategies that can help you conduct conversations in a way that makes it more difficult for your counterpart to lie.”
“It is critically important to the success of any improvement initiative that everyone in the organization understands the real reason why changes are being made.”
“Ask these five questions before giving feedback.”
“It’s one of the most popular questions in interviews, and also one of the most understandable.”
“Spend time reviewing whether a job is right for you.”
“Ambitious, Courageous, Committed, Prepared, Continuous Learner, Responsible.”
“A leader without followers is simply a man taking a walk.” – John Boehner