- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – June 20, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Focus on behaviors, not procedures.”
“Too many people succumb to the mistaken belief that the ability to connect with others is a natural, unteachable trait that belongs to only a lucky few. It’s easy to fall prey to this misconception.”
“When you’re forced to give a customer an answer that isn’t their first choice, perception counts for a whole lot.”
“A survey shows a striking lack of emotional intelligence among executives.”
“Here are 10 easy ways for a thoughtless manager — or a whole thoughtless management team — to kill its team members’ motivation. Sadly, these 10 management missteps happen every day.”
“‘Because.’ ‘Thanks.’ ‘We’: These are the words that will open your listener to you and give you power.”
“You have options.”
“Brookings describes who lives in poverty as well as the characteristics of the working-age poor and those working-age poor who were employed less than full-time year-round.”
“How to get employers to pick your resume from the pile.”
“Grabbing an image, piece of text or other element for your website or blog without permission is not OK, even if you give credit to its creator. An attorney explains the essentials of ‘fair use’.”
“Those who are unstoppable are in their own world. They don’t compete with anyone but themselves. You never know what they will do – only that you will be forced to respond. Even though they don’t compete with you, they make you compete with them.”
“Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.” – David Allen