- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – July 5, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Top performers need to know their efforts are recognized and valued. Employee recognition isn’t one-size-fits-all. Money isn’t the only, or even the top, form of recognition.”
“Those who have a college degree make up 36% of the workforce, compared with 34% for those with only a high school diploma or less.”
“Over 95 percent of jobs created during the recovery have gone to workers with at least some college education, while those with a high school diploma or less are being left behind. The Great Recession decimated low-skill blue-collar and clerical jobs, whereas the recovery added primarily high-skill managerial and professional jobs.”
“Tips for turning the heat up or down.”
“A powerful resume is what gets you to the next stage – the interview. Writing a resume that will land you an interview can be a daunting task, but if you follow these 10 rules, you will succeed.”
“Resumes, networking, cover letters, interview skills, and your communication with recruiters are all critical to your job search. With so much for you to do, it should come as no surprise that there are a lot of potential pitfalls you might encounter along the way.”
“Prepare in advance for this commonly asked question.”
“Real success comes from the inside, and it’s completely independent of circumstance.”
“America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” – Harry S Truman