- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – July 25, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Openness doesn’t always translate into good behavior.”
“Even those of us who are good communicators aren’t nearly as good as we think we are.”
“Temping is on the increase, affecting temps and staff workers alike.”
“Manufacturers have regained their footing since from the 2007-2009 recession, and more jobs are available, but there are fewer qualified candidates to fill these roles.”
“A new study examines earnings data to link declining job mobility to lower overall demand for workers.”
“Networking can be uncomfortable and almost painful for some people, but it’s something we must all do. The fact remains that networking accounts for roughly 70 percent of jobs landed by job seekers. It is the most successful way of gaining employment.”
“71% of in-demand skills are required across two or more job categories.”
“Cover letters give you a chance to stand out and share more of you than your resume and application allow.”
“A few reasons why cover letters are critical to securing a first-round job interview, as well as some thoughts on how they can separate you from the competition.”
“There are a lot of things that you should accomplish before you turn 30 because you have the energy, time, and freedom to do so.”
“A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity.” – Dalai Lama