- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – July 18, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“It’s about more than keeping quiet. Here are four findings on the six levels of listening.”
“By regularly checking in with yourself and your team about your progress, you make the shift from knowing what you need to change, to actually changing it.”
“Fight the tendency to make problems bigger, not smaller.”
“When you look critically at these facts you must ask yourself why any parent or counselor would recommend that a student join the manufacturing industry.”
“69 percent of companies believe a flawed interview process has the biggest impact on the quality of new hires. But how do you know which interview questions will help you find the best candidates and avoid bad hires?”
“Internships are hard work. And doing only what’s expected of you isn’t enough to be noticed.”
“With one minute and one page, a candidate can make or break their chances of landing the job. Here’s how to ace your cover letter, in case the hiring manager decides to read it.”
“Prevent your interviewer from making snap judgments.”
“For centuries, experts have predicted that machines would make workers obsolete. That moment may finally be arriving. Could that be a good thing?”
“What you are will show in what you do.” – Thomas A. Edison