- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – July 11, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Job growth may be slowing, but there is no sign that the recovery is nearing its end.”
“How much hiring, Hiring history, Getting paid, Broader measures, Men and women at work, School work, Labor force, Prime-age workers, Still Searching, Tracking slack, Job-market dropouts, Measuring unemployment, What kinds of jobs, Scheduling shifts, and Shift Shares.”
“They need very different schedules to do their jobs well.”
“Managers account for 70% of variance in engagement across business units. Strengths-based management practices yield better sales, profit, and customer engagement.”
“Looking beneath the headline wage figures offers a bit more hope for U.S. workers.”
“Design it thoughtfully.”
“New data reinforces the notion that internships contribute to a widening income inequality gap.”
“You’ll make an impression on your hiring manager when you go to a job interview, not only by the way you answer his or her questions but also in the questions you ask your possible next boss.”
“What will get you hired is your ability to figure out what isn’t working well inside the organization right now and then to make it clear that you can dig into and solve that problem.”
“Your profile should answer these ten questions quickly in order to satisfy employers who don’t have a lot of free time to spare.”
“These decisions greatly impact how your job search will go.”
“The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.” – General Norman Schwarzkopf