- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Jan. 25, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Prioritize their personal development.”
“How can you oversee the transition in a way that helps you retain their expertise? Who should be involved? How far in advance of the employee’s end date do you need to start? And how do you motivate the departing colleague to cooperate?”
“Half of U.S. workers fall into the not engaged category, while another 17% were actively disengaged. Employee engagement has consistently averaged less than 33%.”
“Executives who shine across all four of these dimensions achieve the greatest success for themselves and their organizations.”
“It has never been easy to land a job, but a rise in hiring has added a new twist: Employers are taking nearly twice as long to hire people as they did several years ago.”
“Nothing worthwhile happens overnight.”
“Gossips, glory hounds, work dodgers and finger pointers can damage morale and undermine others’ efforts.”
“How people view government surveillance and commercial transactions involving the capture of personal information.”
“Each one of us has our own skills and talents, and we too can develop them and propel ourselves into positions of influence.”
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” – Martin Luther King Jr.