- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – Jan. 19, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Chances are, your employees are withholding valuable intelligence from you. This is true even if you believe you have an open-door policy. When employees can voice their concerns freely, organizations see increased retention and stronger performance.”
“Inclusivity benefits the bottom line.”
“Leaders work with people, developing teams that are empowered to perform extraordinary things. Under good leadership, team members will work hard, be motivated and perform at levels well above expectations.”
“Using the wrong one can backfire.”
“Here’s a look at how the economy has fared, from a number of vantage points, during Mr. Obama’s presidency and that of his predecessors.”
“Don’t lose sight of your internal family. Follow these guidelines to foster engagement and tap into staffers’ ideas and insights.”
“Many Americans say they might provide personal information, depending on the deal being offered and how much risk they face.”
“You need to be clear in five areas.”
“45% of people say they are currently job searching or plan to search for a job in 2016. This suggests it could be a year filled with many people on the move and in new jobs.”
“Revealing an idea or product is fraught with risk and invites criticism. We worry about what others think or perceive of us. The greatest obstacle known to finishing what you start is ultimately you—all your fears, anxieties, and doubts. The longer you delay, the longer it’ll take for you to learn something meaningful that helps you and your project move forward.”
“Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming.” – David Bowie