- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – Feb. 16, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“It’s time to rethink your interview questions with a focus on work-related questions that are harder to prepare for and to fake an answer to.”
“Many Americans don’t have the skills that those available jobs require. It’s called the job skills gap, and it has become a serious problem in the U.S.”
“78% of leaders said personality sets great employees apart, more than cultural fit (53%) and even an employee’s skills (39%).”
“Talent management all too often takes a back seat to other workplace priorities. Without your top performers, though, your organization will founder. Heed these warnings.”
“Do a thorough job, and you’ll never have to fire someone again.”
“The things that are often going down before, during, and after your interview that can—and very well may—impact the hiring decision.”
“The best resumes, interviews and other job search material are specific and measurable in their claims. Here are eight ways to add numbers and metrics to your job search marketing:”
“Make sure to think through your answers and rehearse aloud before you show up for the interview.”
“We all reach a point in our lives when we need to reinvent ourselves. Whether it’s a personal, professional, or both, life sometimes doesn’t go exactly as planned.”
“Campaign promises are – by long democratic tradition – the least binding form of human commitment.” – Justice Antonin Scalia