- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Workforce Development News – December 5, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“What can you do to make sure your boss appreciates what you bring to the job?”
“It’s hard to imagine a scenario in which unemployment is low and job growth is steady, yet wages are falling and people are leaving the labor force. That suggests Friday’s report, taken on its own, paints a misleading picture of the state of the economy. Additional charts show the bigger picture.”
“Here are key figures from Friday’s report from the Labor Department.”
“Things you probably say that you shouldn’t.”
“Customer support means timely, empathetic help that keeps the customer’s needs at the forefront of every interaction.”
“What to expect, and how to attack certain topics.”
“Sales forces that are managed only to meet short-term needs can drift into mediocrity.”
“These interview questions look fine on the surface, but can lead to legal trouble. You should make sure to avoid them next time you interview a candidate.”
“Get to the point.”
“There is no secret button that composes blog posts or shoots videos, and magic wands are very hard to come by. That leaves these tips for generating text and other content for your audience.”
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill