- Register Now: Basic Life Support, BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Learn QuickBooks Pro 2015, Class Starts Feb. 8, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 Applications: Word, Excel and Access
- Workforce Development News – January 17, 2017
- Do You Value Your Employees?
- Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starting Feb. 6 and Feb. 27
- Phlebotomy Program Starts February 28, 2017, Register Now!
- Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
- Learn Digital Photography Camera Skills and Techniques
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts February 27, 2017
Workforce Development News – December 12, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“The Great Recession may be over, but America is dangerously running on empty.”
“The conventional wisdom says it’s impossible. The facts say otherwise.”
“Jobs that pay well but don’t require a bachelor’s degree are what many Americans want—and these days, they’re not found on an assembly line.”
“When it comes to interviews, there’s no better formula for success than research and preparation.”
“Changes that represent challenges to people who aren’t used to them.”
“Follow these steps to ensure you do not make these networking mistakes.”
“It can take more time and also mean delegating some big-picture thinking, but asking instead of telling is a critical management skill all leaders need. Here are three reasons why:”
“The best workplaces for diversity show higher satisfaction for all employees—and bigger growth, too.”
“You can’t leave your professional growth to chance.”
“Experts agree that finishing the degree is paramount for older adults who return to college.”
“Sharing the burden with a peer group lessens the health effects of unemployment. Unemployment may be harder to bear when family support is absent.”
“If you are committed to happiness and success, work these into your daily routine.”
“As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind — every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.” – John Glenn