- Register Now: Basic Life Support, BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Learn QuickBooks Pro 2015, Class Starts Feb. 8, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Office 2016 Applications: Word, Excel and Access
- Workforce Development News – January 17, 2017
- Do You Value Your Employees?
- Apply Now for Boeing Pre-Employment Assembly Mechanic Training Starting Feb. 6 and Feb. 27
- Phlebotomy Program Starts February 28, 2017, Register Now!
- Workforce Development News – January 9, 2017
- Learn Digital Photography Camera Skills and Techniques
- Apply Now: No-Cost Environmental Job Training Program Starts February 27, 2017
Workforce Development News – August 29, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Customer testimonials send strong signals of trust because they’re candid endorsements of your product by the people who actually use your product. Your customers will always be more persuasive than you.”
“Two-thirds of long-tenured U.S. workers laid off in 2013-15 had new jobs in early 2016.”
“20% of U.S. workers say they are making less money than five years ago. This is down from 28% in 2013. 23% say job does not take full advantage of their skills, training.”
“In general, people leave their jobs because they don’t like their boss, don’t see opportunities for promotion or growth, or are offered a better gig.”
“Mind your manners. Get more responses.”
“There are too many important things to do in life to waste your time working at a job you hate – or anguishing over your resume in order to get a job you love. Use these quick fixes and you won’t have to waste another minute doing either.”
“Some people are naturals at selling themselves to hiring managers. Others aren’t. Either way, you’ve already put in a ton of effort, so you might as well take steps to rock your interview.”
“We are the sum of what we do in life, so go do something.”
“If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk