- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Workforce Development News – August 29, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Customer testimonials send strong signals of trust because they’re candid endorsements of your product by the people who actually use your product. Your customers will always be more persuasive than you.”
“Two-thirds of long-tenured U.S. workers laid off in 2013-15 had new jobs in early 2016.”
“20% of U.S. workers say they are making less money than five years ago. This is down from 28% in 2013. 23% say job does not take full advantage of their skills, training.”
“In general, people leave their jobs because they don’t like their boss, don’t see opportunities for promotion or growth, or are offered a better gig.”
“Mind your manners. Get more responses.”
“There are too many important things to do in life to waste your time working at a job you hate – or anguishing over your resume in order to get a job you love. Use these quick fixes and you won’t have to waste another minute doing either.”
“Some people are naturals at selling themselves to hiring managers. Others aren’t. Either way, you’ve already put in a ton of effort, so you might as well take steps to rock your interview.”
“We are the sum of what we do in life, so go do something.”
“If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk