- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – August 22, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Here are some strategies for interacting with your manager to get what you need, support your boss’s success, and excel at your job.”
“85% of people feel that in-person meetings and conferences build stronger, more meaningful business relationships.”
“Millennial employees work harder and remain more loyal if they believe their boss understands them and their needs.”
“More than 4.2 million additional white-collar workers in the U.S. will become eligible for overtime under the new criteria.”
“You only get one chance to make a first impression. When it comes to job interviews, you had best make it a good one. Powerful unconscious processes are at work when we first meet someone, and these play a pivotal role in how strongly you impress, in the first few moments, those who interview you.”
“Job interviews can be emotionally complicated. But examining your feelings about them can help you recognize the value of these meetings and make your peace with them, regardless of the outcome.”
“Show your interest and evaluate office culture with these queries.”
“Transform a long to-do list into a collection of only the things that you actually like to do.”
“If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead.” – Gusteau (Ratatouille)