- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – August 22, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Here are some strategies for interacting with your manager to get what you need, support your boss’s success, and excel at your job.”
“85% of people feel that in-person meetings and conferences build stronger, more meaningful business relationships.”
“Millennial employees work harder and remain more loyal if they believe their boss understands them and their needs.”
“More than 4.2 million additional white-collar workers in the U.S. will become eligible for overtime under the new criteria.”
“You only get one chance to make a first impression. When it comes to job interviews, you had best make it a good one. Powerful unconscious processes are at work when we first meet someone, and these play a pivotal role in how strongly you impress, in the first few moments, those who interview you.”
“Job interviews can be emotionally complicated. But examining your feelings about them can help you recognize the value of these meetings and make your peace with them, regardless of the outcome.”
“Show your interest and evaluate office culture with these queries.”
“Transform a long to-do list into a collection of only the things that you actually like to do.”
“If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead.” – Gusteau (Ratatouille)