- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – April 4, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Returning to workforce, Prime-age workers, Out of work, School work, Men and women at work, Getting paid, Reasons for Joblessness, Annual returns, Still some slack, Still searching, Is slack shrinking?, Labor market dropouts, What kind of jobs, and Scheduling shifts.”
“A flat or even slightly rising unemployment rate could be a sign that the job market has room to keep improving. Here’s why:”
“Aligning staffers’ values with specific company objectives will generate ideas that will benefit the bottom line—and that’s the sort of metric that the top brass can appreciate.”
“44% say there are plenty of jobs available in their community, while slightly more (51%) say jobs are difficult to find. Even as public impressions of job availability have improved, concerns about the cost of living remain widespread.”
“Dramatic turnarounds require counterintuitive strategies.”
“Even if your career path seems hazy, the data are clear: More education leads to better prospects for earnings and employment.”
“Flabby prose offers little of value to your potential customers. Here’s a reduction plan to make your text leaner and cleaner.”
“Whether you are leading a team meeting, presenting to a prospective client, or delivering a keynote speech to a global audience, verbal mistakes will undermine your credibility and distract from your message. If you want to have integrity and influence, drop these phrases from your vocabulary:”
“Happy people are 50 percent more productive than their unhappy co-workers. So why not get happy?”
“The question is not who you’re connecting connecting with, it’s how you’re connecting.” – Erica Dhawan