- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Workforce Development News – April 25, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“In today’s world, networking is a necessity. Professional networks lead to more job and business opportunities, broader and deeper knowledge, improved capacity to innovate, faster advancement, and greater status and authority.”
“Which are holding you back?”
“Your ability to reach your goals is closely tied to your ability to leverage the value in your connections with other people.”
“Time management pays off in terms of higher productivity and lower stress levels.”
“Whether you’re letting an employee go or announcing that the budget has been cut, here’s how to phrase the news.”
“It’s easier to improve processes than people.”
“In a job interview, after you’ve fielded queries about how you handle criticism and what kind of tree you’d be, you’ll be prompted to inquire about the company. Don’t come up empty.”
“When you are new to job search, it can seem like a complex maze of unfamiliar scenarios. Here’s help to prepare for five things employers frequently request.”
“Learn the writing, search and design tricks that will help your content stand out.”
“You can always tell when the groove is working or not.” – Prince