- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Workforce Development News – April 18, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Most people actually plan on being agreeable and considerate when walking into a difficult conversation.”
“41% strongly agree that associate degree was essential to career goals.”
“Bad meetings are the biggest barrier to flexible work.”
“Hiring managers use your résumé to determine whether you’re qualified for the job, and the interview to decide if you’re the perfect fit. But as it turns out, there’s more to it than just showing up and doing your best — there are dozens of small details that overtly or subconsciously affect the way you’re perceived.”
“Toward the end of the interview it’ll be your turn to ask anything you’re wondering about when it comes to the role or the company. Some people struggle with this portion. Here’s a simple strategy.”
“Sometimes the questions you’re asked are more important than the answers job candidates give to your questions.”
“This is your last chance to make a good impression. Use it wisely.”
“Everyone has different ‘recovery times’.”
“True excellence can be hard to define… but you know it when you see it.”
“If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” – Elon Musk