- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Workforce Development News – April 11, 2016
A weekly collection of interesting, insightful, and innovative articles on workforce development, employment and training, business performance improvement, leadership, higher education, and the economy.
The Workforce Solutions Group of St. Louis Community College leverages education for growth in the knowledge economy by offering programs and services designed to advance people, businesses and communities. We are located at the Corporate College, a state of the art facility solely dedicated to corporate education and professional development.
Find out more …
“Successful leaders stay curious.”
“Thanks to the viral, gossip-laden, and overloaded nature of today’s information ecosystem, much of what you take as truth in recruiting may actually be urban myth – and that could be undermining your search for talent.”
“The same things the rest of us do.”
“The candidate has the skills needed for the job and everything looks great on their resume – but something is just off about them. Many hiring managers have been in this situation. Do you know why so many fail to make the right decision?”
“Get yourself into the right frame of mind, and set your energy and focus on who you’ll be meeting with, what you want them to remember about you, and what you want to ask them.”
“Learn the best features to have, as well as SEO tips and the technical aspects to consider.”
“Have you ever worried that an audience member would pose a question for which you don’t know the answer? If so, have these responses ready.”
“How many of the smart words do you use? And if none, here’s why you should.”
“What you are will show in what you do.” – Thomas Edison