- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Washington University School of Medicine and St. Louis Community College Collaborate on Medical Assistant Training
On January 11, 2016, fifteen students began their classes in the Medical Assistant training program. Through a unique collaboration and funding arrangement with Washington University School of Medicine, they arrived to class as Washington University School of Medicine employees! All students completed the prerequisite MoSTEMWINs Portal pre-employment training program and prepared to land their new jobs by taking advantage of the educational services provided through the MoSTEMWINs grant program offered through St. Louis Community College.
The Medical Assistant program offers a course of study that prepares individuals to work in medical offices. Students learn the skills necessary to function safely and efficiently in this setting, providing both administrative and clinical duties. Students also prepare for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification. This program combines 6 weeks of intensive classroom with 18 weeks of blended classroom and clinical instruction, all taking place on the Washington University School of Medicine campus. Students are receiving their clinical training in either the Internal Medicine, Neurology, Orthopedic or Surgery departments.
To request additional information about this program contact Dianne Lee at email@example.com or at 314-539-5779.