- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
Washington University School of Medicine and St. Louis Community College Collaborate on Medical Assistant Training
On January 11, 2016, fifteen students began their classes in the Medical Assistant training program. Through a unique collaboration and funding arrangement with Washington University School of Medicine, they arrived to class as Washington University School of Medicine employees! All students completed the prerequisite MoSTEMWINs Portal pre-employment training program and prepared to land their new jobs by taking advantage of the educational services provided through the MoSTEMWINs grant program offered through St. Louis Community College.
The Medical Assistant program offers a course of study that prepares individuals to work in medical offices. Students learn the skills necessary to function safely and efficiently in this setting, providing both administrative and clinical duties. Students also prepare for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) certification. This program combines 6 weeks of intensive classroom with 18 weeks of blended classroom and clinical instruction, all taking place on the Washington University School of Medicine campus. Students are receiving their clinical training in either the Internal Medicine, Neurology, Orthopedic or Surgery departments.
To request additional information about this program contact Dianne Lee at email@example.com or at 314-539-5779.