- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Video: 2016 State of St. Louis Workforce Report Presentation by Alan Spell
Alan Spell, Research Manager at the Missouri Department of Economic Development (MERIC), presents the findings of the 2016 State of St. Louis Workforce Report. Alan summarizes our new research on the St. Louis economy, focusing on the results of an employer survey of manufacturing, healthcare, and transportation & logistics employers and interview with key sector leaders – providing insights on today’s economy, finding the right people, job applicants & skilling up, and bridges to opportunities.
Topics discussed include Why these sectors, Unemployment and job openings gap, Wages are rising, St. Louis advantages, Sector trends, Past hiring, Future hiring, Aging workforce challenge, Top skill replacement jobs, Divided economy challenge, Education levels required for positions, Top certificates in demand, Potential expansion barriers, Importance of barriers, Types of jobs needed, Functional skill shortages, Addressing skills shortages, Job applicant issues, Soft skills, Importance of shortcomings, Top basic skills, Short-term training, Established pathways for advancement, and Advancement considerations.
For more information, or to download the full report, please visit http://STLCC.edu/STLworkforce.