- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Students Prepare for Workforce Opportunities in Community Healthcare Advocacy
In collaboration with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, St. Louis Community College is offering the Community Health Worker Short Term Certificate Program during Spring 2016. This non-credit program is designed for individuals that want to work in the field of community healthcare advocacy for the first time, as well as those already established in the field and looking to hone skills.
A Community Health Worker (CHW) is a frontline public health worker who is a trusted member of the community he or she serves and works to build individual and community capacity by increasing health knowledge and self-sufficiency through a range of activities such as outreach, community education, informal counseling, social support and advocacy. Of special significance is the opportunity to promote linkages between health systems and community resources for adults with high blood pressure.
The program combines 108 classroom hours with 60 service learning hours. The classroom training will take place at the William J. Harrison Education Center and the service learning hours will occur at various community and healthcare sites within the St. Louis community. The first class started on January 19th and will complete March 21st. A second class is scheduled to start the first week of April, 2016.
Additional information and the opportunity to complete an online application to join this program is available at www.STLCC.edu/CHW or you can read about the next class starting April 4. To request additional information about this program contact Dianne Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 314-539-5779.