- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
STLCC Offers Boeing Pre-Employment Training Programs
St. Louis is home to the Boeing Defense, Space & Security division, which produces military aircraft and weapons systems, employs about 14,700 workers in the region, and is supported by more than 500 suppliers and vendors throughout the state.
St. Louis Community College, in partnership with Boeing, offers accelerated pre-employment programs to train individuals for potential jobs as assembly mechanics and composite mechanics within Boeing. Training is free for those who qualify and will be conducted at STLCC’s Center for Workforce Innovation near its Florissant Valley campus.
The Assembly Mechanic program consists of 408 hours of instruction in drilling, counter-sinking and other assembly techniques.
The Composites Mechanic program consists of 208 hours of instruction in fabrication and repair of composite parts.
Training sessions for 2017 will begin in January. Day classes run 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday for 5 weeks. Evening classes run 4:30-10:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. every other Saturday. Evening classes are limited.
Individuals with mechanical aptitude are encouraged to apply. All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED. They also must meet the eligibility requirements, including the required scores on specific WorkKeys assessment tests.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to Boeingtraining@stlcc.edu. Program staff will contact qualified applicants by phone or email.
For more information, call 314-539-5921.
Originally published in the College Newsroom at http://now.stlcc.edu/2016/stlcc-to-offer-boeing-pre-employment-training-programs/