- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
STLCC Offers Boeing Pre-Employment Training Programs
St. Louis is home to the Boeing Defense, Space & Security division, which produces military aircraft and weapons systems, employs about 14,700 workers in the region, and is supported by more than 500 suppliers and vendors throughout the state.
St. Louis Community College, in partnership with Boeing, offers accelerated pre-employment programs to train individuals for potential jobs as assembly mechanics and composite mechanics within Boeing. Training is free for those who qualify and will be conducted at STLCC’s Center for Workforce Innovation near its Florissant Valley campus.
The Assembly Mechanic program consists of 408 hours of instruction in drilling, counter-sinking and other assembly techniques.
The Composites Mechanic program consists of 208 hours of instruction in fabrication and repair of composite parts.
Training sessions for 2017 will begin in January. Day classes run 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday for 5 weeks. Evening classes run 4:30-10:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. every other Saturday. Evening classes are limited.
Individuals with mechanical aptitude are encouraged to apply. All applicants must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED. They also must meet the eligibility requirements, including the required scores on specific WorkKeys assessment tests.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to Boeingtraining@stlcc.edu. Program staff will contact qualified applicants by phone or email.
For more information, call 314-539-5921.
Originally published in the College Newsroom at http://now.stlcc.edu/2016/stlcc-to-offer-boeing-pre-employment-training-programs/