- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
Register Now: 8-Week Phlebotomy Program Starts June 14, 2016
Phlebotomy is now offered at a lower cost and in a new 8-week schedule!
The noncredit open enrollment course provides classroom, lab instruction and clinical experience. The 100 hours of clinical experience is in addition to the scheduled 48 hours of class time. No weekend hours for clinical experience. Time off from work may be required to complete clinical. Course content includes basic anatomy pertinent to blood collection, as well as communication skills, specimen processing, related interdisciplinary tasks, lab experience of blood drawing techniques and practical experience of blood drawing techniques in the clinical setting. A strict attendance policy is enforced throughout this training.
Prerequisites: Student must be 18 years of age; High school diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate; Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Test Letter stating a minimum score of 8.9 on both Vocabulary and Comprehension tests and a minimum score of 7.0 Mathematics Concepts and Application; Family Care Safety Registry Worker registration letter. Only original letter will be accepted. Letter cannot be older than six months. Register online at http://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/forms.php to obtain letter.
Section 4D0 | Joann Devine
Tuesdays, Thursdays June 14-Aug. 4 | 4 p.m.-7 p.m.
Forest Park – B Tower, Classroom 417
Course content includes:
- Basic anatomy pertinent to blood collection
- Communication skills
- Specimen processing
- Related interdisciplinary tasks
- Lab experience of blood draw techniques
- Practical experience of blood drawing techniques in the clinical setting
Clinical and Field Work:
Some degree and certificate programs offered by the college require students to obtain clinical or other field experience as part of their course work. Students with criminal convictions or drug use may have difficulty progressing in these programs. Hospitals and facilities may mandate that a criminal background check and/or drug screening check (at the student’s expense) may be conducted prior to placement in a clinical or field setting. Students not passing these checks may be prohibited from participating in the clinical or field experience thus rendering the student ineligible to satisfactorily meet the course/program requirements.
Prerequisites required at time of registration:
- Student must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate
- Achieves a minimum score of 8.9 on both Vocabulary and Comprehension tests and a minimum score of 7.0 Mathematics Concepts and Application on the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Family Care Safety Registry-Worker Registration letter. The letter cannot be older than 6 months. You must bring the letter from DHSS not proof of payment. Register online at http://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/forms.php
Requirements completed by first week of class:
- American Databank criminal background check and 5 panel drug screen
- Physical exam/immunizations/Two-step PPD/Hepatitis B immunization series or signed waiver
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR certification
Cost (prices are subject to change) | Expenses the phlebotomy student will incur but not limited to:
- Course Fee is $949
- Text required and not included in fee. Text will be available in Forest Park campus bookstore
- TABE Test is $11. Retest is additional $11
- Family Care Safety Registry is $13.25
- American Databank criminal background check cost is variable
- 5 Panel Drug Screen is $30
- Physical Exam/immunizations/Two-step PPD/Hepatitis B Immunization series is variable
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR certification is $69 (cost at St. Louis Community College)
- Lab coat (Full length with cuffs, fluid resistant). Disposable lab coats are available for purchase in campus bookstore
- One box of Latex or Nitrile Gloves (Non-Sterile)
- One large (2 gallon) “Ziploc baggie”
- Protective/safety eyeglasses are available for purchase in campus bookstore
- Class room supplies, including a Markal Sharpie (Black) “Water Resistant”
How to Register:
- Register in person only at the Forest Park campus, G Tower 322-324
- Bring all prerequisites required at time of registration (listed above)
- Payment is due at time of registration
Withdrawals and Refunds:
- Requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing at the Forest Park campus, G Tower-322-324
- Registration/refund/withdrawal deadline is 6/7, there are no refunds after that date