- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
- Continuing Education Summer 2017 Catalog
- Workforce Development News – April 10, 2017
- Enroll Now for Certified Medical Assistant Training Starting July 2017
Prepare Today for Biotechnology Opportunities with Life Science Laboratory Assistant Training!
Life Science Laboratory Assistants work in a variety of laboratories such as medical, food ingredient, and industrial labs as well as work in testing facilities and doctor’s offices. If you enjoy science and math and life sciences intrigue you, this might be the profession that will make your career path flourish.
- Daytime classes are held Monday thru Friday.
- Accelerated classes can be completed in one semester.
- Classes are held at the Bio Research & Development Growth (BRDG) Park at the Danforth Plant Science Center.
What you will learn from this program
- How to perform routine technical duties and tasks in a life science research, development or production setting.
- Effective oral, written and electronic communication including keeping a laboratory notebook.
- How to read, understand and follow laboratory protocols and standard operating procedures.
- An understanding of the impact of biotechnology on world issues such as ethics, global, societal and environmental concerns.
- An understanding of the importance of staying technically current and keeping pace with rapidly occurring changes in life science and its application.