- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Precision Machining Technology Open House Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2016 – 9:00 to 11:00 A.M.
On November 1st, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., St. Louis Community College will host a Precision Machining Technology (PMT) Open House in the Emerson Center for Engineering and Manufacturing on the Florissant Valley campus. Interested individuals should plan to join current students, program instructors, and Engineering Technology staff to hear about the details of this program and career opportunities in advanced manufacturing.
Guided tours of the manual and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining labs will be provided to showcase equipment, tools, and the manufacturing techniques utilized during the program. And, current students will provide hands-on demonstrations of both manual and CNC projects in progress.
For individuals with other interests in manufacturing, tours will also be available for the electronics, 3D printing, robotics and computer aided design labs. This is a good opportunity to explore the variety of engineering technology degrees and certificates available at STLCC.
The Precision Machining Technology program is offered as a 17-credit hour, one semester program that provides students with the chance to learn how to operate manual and CNC machines. Students also have the opportunity to earn a Certificate of Specialization and Level I NIMs (National Institute for Metalworking Skills) credentials.
- Safely setup and operate mills, lathes, grinders and drill presses.
- Learn CNC machine set-up and operation.
- Daytime classes are held Monday thru Friday.
- Prepare for National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) credentials and/or the Computer Integrated Manufacturing AAS degree.
- Median starting salaries are $14 per hr/$29k per year.
Enrollment for the PMT program is offered through the MoSTEMWINs grant program and is now open for the Spring 2017 semester.
Get on the ground floor to a new career with STLCC. Download the PMT Program flyer (pdf).