- Summer 2017 College for Kids and Kids on Campus
- Awesome! Well, Not Really
- Workforce Development News – March 27, 2017
- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
Precision Machining Technology Open House Highlights Program Features for Prospective Students
St. Louis Community College hosted a Precision Machining Technology Open House in the Emerson Center for Engineering and Manufacturing on the Florissant Valley campus on November 1, 2016. Prospective students invited from within the community and area high schools had the opportunity to learn about the details of the precision machining technology program, which prepares participants for entry level jobs in the machine tool industry.
Program instructors and Emerson Center staff provided tours of the Manual and CNC Machining labs and the CNC Programming computer lab to showcase the tools, equipment, and the manufacturing techniques utilized during the program. And, current students provided hands-on demonstrations of both manual and CNC projects in progress.
- Learn to safely setup and operate mills, lathes, grinders and drill presses.
- Learn CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine set-up and operation.
- Daytime classes are held Monday thru Friday.
- Accelerated classes in this 17-credit hour program can be completed in one semester.
- Prepare for National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) credentials and/or the Computer Integrated Manufacturing AAS degree.
- Median starting salaries are $14 per hr/$29k per year.
Enrollment for this program is offered through the MoSTEMWINs grant program – and participants qualify for this accelerated training when they complete their Portal program. Training classes scheduled for the spring semester start January 17, 2017.
- Complete an online application at stlcc.edu/MSW.
- Attend an information session on Wednesdays at the Forest Park campus to learn how to get started.
- Call 314-384-7777 to register to attend an information session.