- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
Phlebotomy Program Starts September 20, 2016, Register Now!
Our Phlebotomy program will be held from 9/20 through 11/15 preparing the student for entry-level employment as a phlebotomist. The course provides classroom, lab instruction and a 120 hour clinical experience that is in addition to the scheduled 48 hours of class time. No weekend hours for clinical experience. Time off from work may be required to complete clinical.
Course content includes basic anatomy pertinent to blood collection, as well as communication skills, specimen processing, related interdisciplinary tasks, lab experience of blood drawing techniques and practical experience of blood drawing techniques in the clinical setting.
A strict attendance policy is enforced throughout this training. Prerequisites: Student must be 18 years of age; High school diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate; Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Test Letter stating a minimum score of 8.9 on both Vocabulary and Comprehension tests and a minimum score of 7.0 Mathematics Concepts and Application; Family Care Safety Registry-Worker registration letter. Only original letter will be accepted. Letter cannot be older than six months. Register online at http://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/forms.php to obtain letter.
Register in person only at the Continuing Education office on the Forest Park campus, room G 322/324. Registration/refund/withdrawal deadline: 9/13. No refunds after that date. No class 10/18.
AHCE:785 | $949
Tuesdays & Thursdays, September 20-November 15
4 p.m.-7 p.m.
Instructor: Joann Devine
Forest Park – B Tower, 417