- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
No-Cost Patient Care Technician Training Starts February 13, 2017. Classes fill quickly.
Updated on Nov. 2, 2016 with new class date.
Patient Care Technicians work as clinical partners in local hospitals. If you are interested in Nursing or Allied Health, this might be the profession that will make your career path flourish. And, costs for tuition and books for this training program are covered. Take advantage of this training opportunity which satisfies the requirements of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services for Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
The Patient Care Technician non-credit training program combines six weeks of intensive classroom instruction with three weeks of clinical practice. The hours for classroom instruction are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The clinical instruction, held in St. Louis-area hospitals, is held three days a week from 6:45 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
What you will learn from this program
- How to perform basic patient care skills.
- Demonstrate safe practices while caring for patients.
- How to apply generic healthcare knowledge.
- Demonstrate workplace behavior skills.
- How to perform basic respiratory skills.
- How to perform basic clerical skills.