- Corporate College Announces Summer 2017 Classes
- CDL-A Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts May 22 & May 31. Apply Now!
- Summer 2017 Professional Development Classes
- Register Now for Nurse Assistant Training for Nursing Homes, Classes Start June 6
- Apply Now! No-Cost CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training, Classes Start May 8 & May 22
- Workforce Development News – April 24, 2017
- Caregiving at Home Special Edition, May 3, Enroll Now – Only $15
- The Power of Corporate Myths
- Workforce Development News – April 17, 2017
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply now for the July class.
No-Cost Certified Nurse Assistant Training Classes fill quickly. Apply today!
Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs) provide patient-focused services in skilled nursing facilities or nursing homes. If you are interested in Nursing or Allied Health, this might be the profession that will make your career path flourish.
The St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE) and St. Louis Community College are partnering to provide no-cost CNA training to St. Louis City and St. Louis County residents interested in this healthcare occupation and who meet the qualification steps. This training satisfies the Missouri Omnibus Nursing Act requirement, and students successfully completing the program are eligible to take the state examination.
The Certified Nurse Assistant program combines six weeks of intensive classroom instruction with three weeks of clinical practice. Classroom activities are held at the MET Center and the clinical practice takes place in a long-term care facility in the St. Louis area. Classes are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and clinical experiences are 6:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
What you will learn from this program
- How to perform basic patient care skills.
- Demonstrate safe practices while caring for patients.
- How to apply generic healthcare knowledge.
- Demonstrate workplace behavior skills.
- How to perform basic respiratory skills.
- How to perform basic clerical skills.