- Informal Networking
- Workforce Development News – March 20, 2017
- Prepare to work as a Medical Assistant. Enrollment is open now!
- Workforce Development News – March 13, 2017
- No-Fee CDL-B Commercial Truck Driver Training Starts April 3, 2017. Apply Today!
- Explore Nature, Ecology and Horticulture – Become a Master Naturalist
- Patient Care Technicians are in demand! Apply today for the April class.
- Workforce Development News – March 6, 2017
- Learn Microsoft Access 2016
- Enroll Now for Heartsaver CPR AED and First Aid CPR AED Classes
No-Cost Certified Nurse Assistant Training Classes fill quickly. Apply today!
Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs) provide patient-focused services in skilled nursing facilities or nursing homes. If you are interested in Nursing or Allied Health, this might be the profession that will make your career path flourish.
The St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE) and St. Louis Community College are partnering to provide no-cost CNA training to St. Louis City and St. Louis County residents interested in this healthcare occupation and who meet the qualification steps. This training satisfies the Missouri Omnibus Nursing Act requirement, and students successfully completing the program are eligible to take the state examination.
The Certified Nurse Assistant program combines six weeks of intensive classroom instruction with three weeks of clinical practice. Classroom activities are held at the MET Center and the clinical practice takes place in a long-term care facility in the St. Louis area. Classes are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and clinical experiences are 6:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
What you will learn from this program
- How to perform basic patient care skills.
- Demonstrate safe practices while caring for patients.
- How to apply generic healthcare knowledge.
- Demonstrate workplace behavior skills.
- How to perform basic respiratory skills.
- How to perform basic clerical skills.